Field Service Engineer
Mason Technology is a wholly owned Irish company established in 1780, the principal activities are the distribution and supply of laboratory and analytical instruments.
Mason Technology is seeking to recruit a Field Service Engineer (Leinster based) on a full-time permanent contract. This role will involve working as part of Laboratory Technical Support Team with overall responsibility for the installation, commissioning, follow up support and servicing of laboratory equipment.
The position is Leinster based with a requirement to travel countrywide when necessary.
The successful candidate must have strong technical knowledge of laboratory instrumentation and excellent communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installations and commissioning of laboratory equipment, at customer sites nationwide.
- Ability to trouble shoot and assist customers with onsite issues over the phone.
- Undertake preventative maintenance visits as scheduled by the Service Coordinators.
- Maintaining communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- Follow Environmental Health and Safety regulatory requirements and maintain the company’s standards in quality and service.
- Provide training to end users when required.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as completing service reports and calibration certificates in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required
- A recognised course completed in electrical/instrumentation/mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar technical role is essential.
- Experienced in the testing and service of general laboratory equipment particularly LAF Workstations, Fume Cupboards and Biological Safety Cabinets would be preferable.
- Additional experience with fault finding and servicing of Humidity Chambers, Water Purification Systems, Autoclaves and Refrigeration Systems would be beneficial.
- Experience of working within Quality systems such as ISO, INAB etc
- Strong background in installation, commissioning, and servicing of Laboratory equipment.
- Ability to fault find and repair laboratory equipment.
- A good knowledge of related industry products and tools.
- Full clean driving licence is essential.
What’s Important to Us
- The successful candidate must be willing to work as part of team and off one’s own initiative while liaising with the Team Lead and Coordinators when necessary.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent work ethic.
- An individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Highly motivated, confident, resilient, and positive attitude.
- Attractive base salary
- Bonus structure
- Company Pension
- Company Car, plus fuel card
- Head Office Parking
- Social club and social events
- Travel ticket/bike to work
- Death in service
- Income protection