Forget impractical and inconvenient processing of sample volumes and find the right vessel for sample volumes up to 5 mL. Eppendorf microtubes are the benchmark for simple and safe sample preparation with options for an easy-access snap cap or a secure screw cap.
The 5 mL microtube follows 50 years of the Eppendorf microliter system that included the 1.5 mL microtubes, our renowned Thermomixer, Microcentrifuge and Eppendorf pipettes. Building on this established and ever-popular concept, Eppendorf also offers the 5.0 mL system, with components that go hand-in-hand with our 5 mL microtubes to help streamline your workflow.
- Ergonomic operation: Snap cap – simple, practical and ergonomic single-hand operation. Screw cap – flattened and grooved sides provide optimal grip and user-friendly handling.
- Broad operating temperature range: Screw cap tubes: -86 °C – 100 °C. Snap cap tubes: -86 °C – 80 °C (when using the clip ≤ 100 °C)
- Material: Exceptionally high-quality, transparent polypropylene, free of plasticizers, biocides or mould release agents, for reliable test results
- Certified purity: Available in lot-specific certified Eppendorf Quality, PCR clean, Sterile and Eppendorf Biopur® purity grades.
- Centrifugation safety: Maximum safety and stability for centrifugation up to 25,000 x g. Fast and efficient protocols.
- Conical shape: Compatible with accessories for conical 15 mL tubes – many existing adapters and racks can be used.
- Sample recovery: 5.0 mL snap cap tubes are available in Eppendorf LoBind® material for maximum recovery of valuable samples
- Available in Amber for light-sensitive samples
- Easier processing of samples up to 5.0 mL
- Higher yields in DNA isolation, especially with samples with a limited quantity of source material
- Convenient and safe cell culture applications
- Easier sample access lowers the risk of contamination
- Preparation of mastermixes and buffers
- Less storage space needed
- Safe cell and tissue lysis