Irish Microscopy and Imaging Townhall Meeting
The Microscopy Society of Ireland will hold the next meeting for the Irish Microscopy & Imaging community (Life & Physical Science, Core Facilities, Academics, Researchers, Trade/Industry) on the 15th of October 2021. Starting at 1pm, this meeting will take place virtually.
- 1pm – Welcome
- 1.10 – Microscopy Society of Ireland Annual Dr Rory Comerford Memorial Lecture – Prof Maria Mc Namara, Professor in Geology, UCC
- 2.05 – Preliminary discussion on the Irish Microscopy and Imaging Community – The history and where we go from here…
Community Development Talks
- 2.15 – Dr Claire Brown – Chair Canada Bioimaging and Co-Chair BioImaging North America (BINA), McGill University, Canada
- 2.30 – Dr Georgina Fletcher – BioImagingUK Project Officer at the Royal Microscopical Society (RMS)
- 2.45 – TBC
- 3.00 – Dr Emma Mc Dermott – Early Career Supports and Their Importance. CMI NUI Galway and RMS Early Career Committee
- 3.15 – Open Discussion
- 3.25/3.30 – Coffee/comfort break
Spotlighting Microscopy and Imaging Facilities Across the Island
- 3.30 – Facility 1
- 3.40 – Facility 2
- 3.50 – Facility 3
- 4.00 – Facility 4
- 4.10 – Open Discussion
- 4.30 – Final Remarks and Action Points – What are the next steps – Proposed date for next meeting
If you are interested in attending, please register your interest here.
Have you seen the latest Microscopy Technical Training Videos from Mason Technology?
Covering topics such as parfocality alignment, ergonomics, measurement options, and objective cleaning, this series of 8 short videos gives microscope users a quick visual best practice guide for the alignment, operation, purchasing and maintenance of a microscope.
While created using Olympus microscopes, the messages contained in these videos are transferrable across all microscope brands and should be of benefit to all microscopy users.
- How to set up parfocality in your Olympus microscope
- How to establish uniform illumination with your Olympus microscope
- How to set up an Olympus microscope ergonomically
- How to setup the light intensity manager on an Olympus microscope
- Microscope Polarisation for Clinical Applications: How to use polarisation on an Olympus microscope
- Optical and digital measurement options for Olympus microscope users
- How to clean your Olympus microscope objectives
- How to interpret the symbols on Olympus microscope objectives