Keeping powders flowing correctly and consistently is critical in all stages of manufacturing and through to the end user. A Powder Flow Analyser, from Stable Micro Systems, is an accurate and reliable method of measuring the flow characteristics of powders.
Features and benefits of the Powder Flow Analyser
- Repeatability and Reproducibility: Controlled Sample Flow enables the powder column sample to be pre-conditioned before the actual test cycle. This provides independence from operator sample loading techniques and results in repeatable sample flow programs that provide reproducible results.
- Precision machined and surface finished rotors and blades for displacing the powder and borosilicate glass or stainless steel test vessels assist in reproducibility of results. Meanwhile, software allows data capture at up to 2000 points per second (pps) providing detail for analysis enhancement.
- Sample size: From less than 20ml to over 200ml – where samples of bulk solids are extremely rare or very expensive, e.g. in the pharmaceutical industry, samples down to 20ml can be analysed.
- Ease of use: Samples can be pre loaded into sample vessels and pre conditioned for humidity and temperature. Additionally, test vessel bases are easily removed to enable thorough, simple cleaning.
- Flexibility and versatility: Customise sample test projects, create your own protocols to test in another way or analyse data to collect additional parameters.
- Measure additional physical parameters of your powder or finished product (e.g. Unconfined Yield Stress, Granule Crush Strength, Cake Compression Strength) with optional accessories for the Texture Analyser. The testing possibilities are endless.
- Avoid typical problems: Manufacturers can assess and avoid typical problems such as batch and source variation of ingredients, caking during storage or transportation and problems with discharging from hoppers or bins.