picoclave – Universal glass reactor / Metal laboratory pressure reactor
- Reactor volume: 100 to 300 ml
- Pressure: -1 to +150 bar
- Temperature: -20 °C to +300 °C
- Material: Borosilicate glass 3.3, stainless steel, Hastelloy®
Other materials, pressures & temperatures are available.
The Buchiglas picoclave is a multipurpose pressure reactor system designed for the use of interchangeable glass and steel pressure vessels. Safety features guarantee safe reactions under pressure.
The glass reactors ensure high resistance against acids, while allowing visual process control and monitoring. It is also possible to use steel pressure vessels for high-pressure reactions. The magnetic drive ensures efficient mixing and stirring of the process media as well as excellent heat transfer.
The Fast Action Closure makes changing vessels quick and easy without the use of tools.
The modular setup of the picoclave system allows changing or upgrading for new tasks at any time.
A wide range of accessories is available – talk to us to define the right setup for your specific need.
Standard picoclave package
- Safety housing with polycarbonate sliding door for safe operation of glass pressure vessels
- Pressure vessel in glass, steel / Hastelloy® with suitable stirrer shaft, stirrer, Pt-100
- Safety Fast Action Closure
- Cover plate with 6 openings and standard setup:
- Swagelok fittings with bursting disc, manometer and 2 valves
- Stirrer drive «cyclone 075» with integrated high torque magnetic coupling, incl. controller «cc075»
- Tools and spare parts
Multipurpose pressure reactors options
- Electric heating / water cooling
- Measure and control systems
- Wide range of accessories
Small pressure reactor applications
- Hydrogenation reactor
- Polymerization reactor
- Synthesis reactor
- Catalyst testing/evaluation
- Catalytic reactor
- Chemical research
- Petrochemical research
- Corrosion measurement
- Upstream research
- Biomass research
- Biopolymer research
- Biorefinery research
- Biofuels research
- Zeolite synthesis
- Nanoparticle synthesis
- Corrosion testing autoclave