The Eppendorf Centrifuge 5427 R is a high-speed, refrigerated microcentrifuge for high-throughput research. It doubles your tube capacity compared to a standard 24-place microcentrifuge thanks to its 48-place double-row rotor, while contributing to a more sustainable lab environment with its natural refrigerant.
Global warming and its consequences are one of the greatest challenges of our time. Hydrofluorocarbons, which have been used as refrigerants in cooling systems such as air-conditioners as well as laboratory centrifuges or freezers in the past, can contribute to global warming due to their chemical structure. To protect our planet for future generations, it is important to switch to much more environmentally friendly, “green” cooling agents − hydrocarbons. These natural coolants have a Global Warming Potential similar to CO2. To support this matter in the laboratory environment, Eppendorf now offers the first centrifuge in our portfolio with a natural refrigerant to protect your samples − and the planet.
The refrigerated microcentrifuge Centrifuge 5427 R was designed with high-throughput research applications in mind. With its aerosol-tight 48-place rotor it handles even the toughest challenges in a safe and reliable manner to provide you the efficiency boost you need. With speeds of up to 25,001 x g, this microcentrifuge is fast enough for all your molecular biology applications. All aerosol-tight rotors are equipped with the Eppendorf QuickLock lids for easy rotor lid opening and closing to enable safe centrifugation of hazardous samples. Choose the Centrifuge 5427 R if a 24-place microcentrifuge doesn’t meet your needs regarding tube capacity and if you don’t need the extra versatility our cross-over Centrifuge 5430 R can offer you.
Eppendorf Centrifuge 5727 R overview
- Soft-touch lid closure for ergonomic operation: No need to smash the lid or use unnecessary force − just a soft finger push and you are good to go!
- Simple and safe handling: Our aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock rotors close with just one quarter of a turn. This not only saves you time during everyday use, it also takes strain off your wrist.
- High–speed swing-bucket rotor for Eppendorf tubes: Perform gradient centrifugation or produce compact pellets with our unique swing–bucket rotor for 24 x 1.5 mL or 2 mL tubes with speeds up to 16,050 x g. Centrifuge hazardous samples safely and effortlessly thanks to the aerosol-tight QuickLock rotor lid.
- New, brighly lit LCD: We did not only add a new display to our popular Centrifuge 5427 R but also new features to make your everyday lab life easier − like the one-push short spin button, the end-of run timer and an even finer time adjustment for runs <60 seconds.
Features of the Centrifuge 5727 R
- Cooled with natural refrigerant (R290) to protect your samples – and the planet
- Rotor capacity (up to): 48 × 1.5/2.0 mL, 12 × 5.0 mL; Eppendorf QuickLock® rotor allows for fast and ergonomic lid locking
- Max. speed: 25,001 × g (16,220 rpm)
- High capacity 48-place rotor significantly increases productivity to save you valuable time
- Soft touch one-finger closure for ergonomic operation
- Temperature range from -11 °C to 40 °C
- FastTemp function for quick pre-cooling of the centrifuge, e.g., from ~ 23 °C to 4 °C in only 11 minutes
- ECO shut-off can be programmed to engage after 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours of non-use for maximum energy savings and extended compressor life
- Built-in condensation drain to eliminate water accumulation
- Automatic rotor recognition and imbalance detection for maximum operational safety