Automatic Dropping Point and Softening Point. A dropping point system is an analytical instrument used to determine the dropping point and softening point of substances such as greases, pitch, polymers and more. The dropping point is the temperature at which the first drop of molten substance precipitates. The softening point is the temperature at which the molten substance flows a defined distance. With the dropping point system by Mettler Toledo both the dropping point and softening point are obtained fully automatically.
For sub-zero possibilities, the Dropping Point System DP90, from Mettler Toledo and available from Mason Technology, offers simultaneous dropping and ...More About Dropping Point System DP90
Dropping Point System DP90
For sub-zero possibilities, the Dropping Point System DP90, from Mettler Toledo and available from Mason Technology, offers simultaneous dropping and softening point determination of two samples from –20°C to +400°C (–4°F to 750°F). It consists of a control unit and a separate measuring cell, which can be placed into a refrigerator or deep freezer.
Dropping Point System DP90 overview
- Simple One Click™ Operation: The One Click™ user interface enables users to start measurements with a single click of the button.
- Trusted performance: With the visual camera observation and digital image analysis, highly accurate dropping/softening point temperatures are obtained fully automatically.
- Determination at sub-ambient temperature: When placed in a refrigerator or freezer, the external cell allows reliable characterization of ointments, creams, and edible fats.
Features of the Dropping Point System DP90
- Comprehensive and intuitive operation: The large colour display and touch screen with the intuitive One Click™ user interface minimises training and operator influence. Quick familiarisation is guaranteed with the common user interface for all Analytical Laboratory instruments.
- Efficient analyses: Simultaneous measurement of two samples saves valuable time and effort. Short heating and cooling times allow more analyses to be performed in a shorter period of time.
- Fast and accurate sample preparation: The accessory box contains all required tools for correct and quick sample preparation and handling. Disposable cups and glassware eliminate the need for tedious clean up.
- Complete results documentation: All results are securely archived and can be tracked at any time. Analysis data can be printed out, saved as a pdf file, or directly transferred to a PC.
- Conformity with current standards: Operation according to standards of ASTM International, European Pharmacopeia and further standards makes it easier to compare measurement results.
- User Management: Instrument settings can be personalized with shortcuts and the selected operator language. The user management system allows different levels of access to be defined, protecting critical data