For sub-zero possibilities, the Dropping Point System DP90, from Mettler Toledo and available from Mason Technology, offers simultaneous dropping and softening point determination of two samples from –20°C to +400°C (–4°F to 750°F). It consists of a control unit and a separate measuring cell, which can be placed into a refrigerator or deep freezer.
Dropping Point System DP90 overview
- Simple One Click™ Operation: The One Click™ user interface enables users to start measurements with a single click of the button.
- Trusted performance: With the visual camera observation and digital image analysis, highly accurate dropping/softening point temperatures are obtained fully automatically.
- Determination at sub-ambient temperature: When placed in a refrigerator or freezer, the external cell allows reliable characterization of ointments, creams, and edible fats.
Features of the Dropping Point System DP90
- Comprehensive and intuitive operation: The large colour display and touch screen with the intuitive One Click™ user interface minimises training and operator influence. Quick familiarisation is guaranteed with the common user interface for all Analytical Laboratory instruments.
- Efficient analyses: Simultaneous measurement of two samples saves valuable time and effort. Short heating and cooling times allow more analyses to be performed in a shorter period of time.
- Fast and accurate sample preparation: The accessory box contains all required tools for correct and quick sample preparation and handling. Disposable cups and glassware eliminate the need for tedious clean up.
- Complete results documentation: All results are securely archived and can be tracked at any time. Analysis data can be printed out, saved as a pdf file, or directly transferred to a PC.
- Conformity with current standards: Operation according to standards of ASTM International, European Pharmacopeia and further standards makes it easier to compare measurement results.
- User Management: Instrument settings can be personalized with shortcuts and the selected operator language. The user management system allows different levels of access to be defined, protecting critical data