Sustainability is playing an increasingly important role in the perception and purchasing decision of customers looking for laboratory consumables. The Eppendorf Tubes® BioBased with screw caps in volumes of 5.0 to 50 mL reduce significantly the product-related carbon footprint. These tubes are of 90 % biobased plastic, and represent Eppendorf’s serious attempt to decouple single-use consumables from the usage of fossil resources.
- Premium biobased polypropylene – produced from recycled feedstock in second generation – in this case derived solely from waste and residue streams e.g. from vegetable oil production and used cooking oil
- ISCC PLUS (International Sustainability & Carbon Certification) to enable traceability along the entire supply chain
ACT (Accountability, Consistency, and Transparency) Certification – the independent validation provided by My Green Lab®
Lot-specific purity certificates from an independent laboratory can be downloaded from Eppendorf website
General Quality Certificates on compliance with standards and general Eppendorf quality requirements
- Premium USP class 6 raw material and no use of slip agents, plasticizers, and biocides during manufacturing ensure highest sample integrity
- Cap with flattened and grooved sides supports a user-friendly ergonomic handling, enables a stable upright positioning, and minimizes contamination risk.
- Reliable and safe labelling due to a large writing area on the tube and due to a flat and light-colored cap
- High g-Safe centrifugation stability
- Precise dimensions enable maximum compatibility with centrifuge rotors, mixers and shakers
- Optimal sample and pellet visibility
- Convenient and safe cell culture applications
- Sample preparation in microbiology and molecular biology labs
- Storage of samples and solutions with larger volumes
- Preparation of mastermixes and buffers