UV/Vis Spectroscopy for Life Sciences
The Spectrophotometer UV5Bio is a cuvette-based UV/Vis Spectroscopy instrument for life sciences from Mettler Toledo. Pre-defined methods for Bradford, Lowry, BCA and Biuret assays, and for OD600, DNA, RNA and protein analysis (e.g. A260, A260/A280). Accessories are available for temperature-controlled kinetic studies.
Key Features of the Spectrophotometer UV5Bio
- Simple One Click™ Operation: The instrument’s operation is made simple with the One Click™ feature, accessed through the large colour touchscreen. Each user has a personalized home screen, allowing them to perform daily tasks with just one click.
- Ready to Use: When you receive the UV5 spectrophotometer, it is ready for immediate use. Power it up, and you can start taking measurements right away.
- Ready-to-use Bio-Applications: Comprehensive package of pre-defined Bio-Applications; From DNA concentration and purity determination to protein assays.
Overview of the Spectrophotometer UV5Bio
- Keep Control of Costs with Easy Maintenance: The absence of moving parts in the optical set-up makes the instrument robust and easy to maintain, helping you control costs.
- Measurements within one second with Advanced Technology: Measurements can be obtained within seconds due to the integration of modern fibre optics, a CCD array detector, and a xenon flash lamp. This combination allows for a complete spectrum scan in just one second.
- Open Sample Area for Fast and Easy Handling: The instrument features an open sample compartment, facilitating fast and easy sample handling. Installing accessories such as holders is a straightforward process.
- Clean Up Your Lab Bench with Compact Layout and Standalone Operation: With its compact design, the UV5 spectrophotometer takes up minimal space on your lab bench. It can be operated as a standalone device without a PC, reducing clutter in your workspace.