Karl Fischer titration is the specific standard method for the determination of water content and gives accurate and precise results within minutes. With the Mettler Toledo Karl Fischer titrators your operators need only to press one button to run a water determination.
Karl Fischer titrators overview
- Secure and fast operation with just one simple keystroke: The Touchscreen user interface is optimized for direct access to routine tasks and provides clear information to the user. One unique Homescreen for each user with their own Shortcut buttons offers One Click access to all routine tasks. It’s easy to feel right at home from the start, which reduces learning time and increases data security.
- The Generalist for water determination up to 100%: The Volumetric Compact Karl Fischer Titrators have been designed for a wide range of water content applications: determinations from 100 ppm to 100% water – fast and precisely. The titration vessel is optimized to retain a low drift value and offers the possibility to determine the water content of liquid, solid and gaseous samples.
- The Specialist for low water content up to 5%: Accuracy and precision is improved further if the titrant is not added with a burette, but produced directly in the solution with a current applied by a generator cell. This also makes a titrant concentration determination obsolete.
- The Excellence Titrator: Mettler Toledo takes into account the variability of requirements from different industries and offers an optimal range of instruments and methods to cope with any sample. Decades of experience in the determination of moisture or water content enables Mettler Toledo an advantage in providing the answer to any question.
- Diaphragmless Cell for more convenience: The user has the choice of current generator cell with or without diaphragm. For most samples the cell without diaphragm offers more convenience, as no catholyte is needed. Due to the unique design, the diaphragmless cell even suits the demands for very precise low water content determinations.
- Solvent Manager for safe handling of chemicals: Contact with Karl Fischer reagents should always be avoided. The Solvent Manager takes care of filling, draining and exchange of the reagents. It is fully controlled by the titrator which offers One Click access to all tasks. LevelSens additionally increases security by monitoring solution and preventing overflow in the waste bottle.
- Elegant Automation for many kinds of samples: Gas phase extraction is the perfect solution for samples that are unable to be directly added into the titration vessel. In this process samples are placed into a sample boat or vial and moved to the oven or sample rack. When heated to the sample specific temperature (up to 300 °C) the water evaporates and is transported into the titration vessel by a constant flow of dry air or nitrogen.