The large bench top Eppendorf Centrifuge 5920 R combines extraordinary capacity with a compact and ergonomic product design. It has similar dimensions to competing refrigerated 3 L models yet it is capable of offering superior capacity of up to 4 x 1,000 mL or 52 x 50 mL tubes. Streamline high-throughput centrifugation and make everyday work more enjoyable.
Eppendorf Centrifuge 5920 R overview
- Universal buckets for both tubes and plates: Save valuable time, money and space with universal buckets for both tubes and plates. With Rotor S-4xUniversal-Large you can spin tubes, plates and bottles with only a change the adapter, not the rotor bucket. There is no need to exchange buckets, use separate bucket places or find space to store different buckets.
- Superior 4 L capacity: Centrifuge 5920 R accommodates standard 1 L Nalgene bottles setting a new standard in the bench top centrifuge segment.The higher 4 x 1000 mL capacity allows you to process a higher volume without needing more runs.
- Advanced operating system: Centrifuge 5920 R combines outstanding functionality with an advanced operating system. It has a menu-driven, multilingual operation menu with large backlit display that allows you can save up to 99 user-defined programs and 5 program keys for easy access to routine programs. The FastTemp pro function is available for fast automated pre-cooling using a pre-programmable time and date.
Features of the Centrifuge 5920 R
- Swing-bucket rotors and adapters accommodate tubes and bottles from 0.2 mL to 1,000 mL
- Plate rotor options for centrifugation of all types of MTP, PCR or Deepwell Plates
- Fixed-angle rotors for high-speed molecular biology applications in tubes from 0.2 mL to 50 mL
- High centrifugation speed of up to 21,194 × g (13,700 rpm)
- Aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock® caps and lids allow fast and ergonomic lid locking
- Centrifuge lid with soft-touch lid closure
- Quiet operation to improve your work environment
- Compact footprint saves valuable bench space
- Automatic rotor recognition and imbalance detection for maximum operational safety.
Additional features for Centrifuge 5920 R
- Temperature range from -11 °C to 40 °C
- FastTemp function for quick pre-cooling
- FastTemp pro® function allows for automatic precooling based on pre-programmable time and date
- Continuous cooling maintains a constant temperature after the run has been completed – your samples stay cool
- ECO shut-off engages after 8 hours (adjustable) of non-use to reduce energy consumption and to extend compressor life
- Dynamic compressor control (DCC) technology for precise cooling performance