With its advanced heating technology, the Eppendorf Concentrator plus facilitates fast and efficient, gentle vacuum concentration of DNA, RNA, nucleotides, proteins and other liquid or wet samples. Its new coated lid provides superior chemical resistance against many acids and organic solvents.
Concentrator plus overview
The latest Concentrator plus provides an ergonomic, intuitive and durable solution that fits comfortably on any lab bench. The coated lid improves durability by providing chemical resistance against acids and organic solvents. The Eppendorf concentrator is available in three configurations, designed to meet your individual laboratory needs:
- The basic Concentrator plus system for connection to an external vacuum pump
- The Concentrator plus complete system with an integrated, solvent-resistant, maintenance and oil-free PTFE diaphragm vacuum pump and condensation trap
- The same Concentrator plus complete system, but with an extra vacuum port added so you can use the integrated pump separately without having to disconnect it
Centrifuge concentrator with excellent versatility
The Concentrator Plus has three main operation modes: Concentrate, centrifuge and desiccator – to cover all your application needs. Processing times are reduced by up to 20 % thanks to the ability to choose between three application modes that correspond to sample solvent (aqueous, alcohol or high vapour pressure). The choice of four heating levels (ambient, 30 °C, 45 °C, 60 °C) enables safe and efficient concentration of various samples. When working with delicate samples you also have the option to turn off the brake function.
- Swing–bucket rotor for MTP, PCR, and deep well plates up to 27–mm high (A–2–VC).
- Rotor for 48 x 1.5/2 mL microcentrifuge tubes. Can be stacked using a rotor spacer to double the capacity to 96 x 1.5/2 mL tubes (F–45–70–11).
- Rotor for 8 x 15 mL conical tubes (F–45–8–17).
- Rotor for 6 x 50 mL conical tubes. Also accommodates 6 x 15 mL conical tubes (F–35–6–30).
Features of the Eppendorf Concentrator Plus
- Comes in 3 system configurations
- Extremely quiet operation <50 dB(A)
- Chemical-resistant, maintenance-free PTFE diaphragm pump eliminates the need for changing pump oil
- A small footprint saves valuable bench space
- Wide variety of 15 different rotor options to accommodate tubes from 0.2 mL to 50 mL, microplates and PCR plates
- Motorless induction drive and chemical-resistant, stainless steel chamber for trouble-free operation
- Can be connected with most commercially available cold traps for use with vapors
- Coated lid with superior chemical resistance