Process equipment for pharmaceutical and chemical production
- Glass-lined steel reactor: 250 – 10’000 litre
- Pressure: -1.0 (FV) to +0.5 bar
- Temperature: -60 °C (-90 °C) to +200 °C
- Material: Borosilicate glass 3.3, glass-lined steel, PTFE, PFA, tantalum
Chemical process equipment consisting of glass-lined reactors or mixing tanks with distillation overhead in borosilicate glass can be operated at full vacuum and low pressure. A large variety of chemicals can be processed in such plants due to the highly corrosion-resistant materials used. The design varies between multipurpose product / process-specific setups.
Feeders and receivers are made of glass for smaller units and of glass-lined steel for larger setups. Shell and tube type heat exchangers are built with inner tubes made of borosilicate glass, glass-lined steel, silicon carbide, tantalum or other metals depending on process parameters and other requirements. Such reactor configurations are used for chemical synthesis, distillation, reflux distillation, solvent recovery, rectification and other processes.
Distillation glass overheads for large glass-lined chemical reactors are always customized according to the process and available space. Our 3-D engineering enables the integration/combination of large glass-lined reactors of different suppliers with our distillation glass overheads into a complete reaction system.
Buchiglass overheads are based on our unique, flexible and safe buchiflex glass joint system of DN15 – DN 600 components. These connections are used for glass piping to connect distillation columns, heat exchangers, feeders, receivers and valves.
Benefit from our long-term experience in the manufacturing of safe and reliable glass process equipment.
Glass-lined steel reactor (G/L)
- AE / BE type reactors up to 10’000 litre
- Different setups are available
Glass-lined steel feeder/receiver
- For larger volumes
Distillation glass overhead
- Unique flexible ball-socket joints
- Buchiflex DN15 – DN600 components
- Feed vessel for addition of liquids in glass / glass-lined steel
- Glass distillation column
- Rectification columns with reflux divider
- Packed glass columns
- Column packing such as raschig rings, ceramic saddle packing, structured packing with different separation efficiency in different materials
- Shell & tube type heat exchanger (glass / SiC) / Spiral (reflux) condenser batteries
- Receiver vessel for collection of distillate/condensate in glass / glass-lined steel
- Dean-Stark phase separator for azeotrope distillation
- Vacuum/pressure equalization and distribution (for semi-batch operation)
- Self-draining «buchiflex» glass piping
Production scale reactor systems applications
- Vacuum distillation
- Reflux distillation
- Azeotropic distillation (phase separation)
- Evaporation to any desired consistency
- Multi-component reactions
- Gas introduction into liquid phase
- Extraction of multiphase mixture
- Multiple chemical reactions liquid/liquid, liquid/solid
- Low-temperature chemistry