Test Weights (Laboratory)
METTLER TOLEDO’s calibrating scale/test weights are perfectly designed to support testing and calibration of industrial scales. With a strong engineering focus on safe and productive testing, cast-iron weights up to 5 tons are perfect for this application, satisfying even the most stringent testing requirements.
Mettler Toledo expertly manufactured weights, including Single Test Weights, are used in various application areas. They enable efficient and effectiv...More About Single Test Weights
Single Test Weights
Mettler Toledo expertly manufactured weights, including Single Test Weights, are used in various application areas. They enable efficient and effective routine testing of weighing instruments, reliable balance and scale calibration or accurate and traceable calibration of reference weights. Choose from OIML or ASTM test weights to check the performance of your weighing device in the range from 50 micrograms to five tons in all accuracy classes, with or without a calibration certificate. In the design of knob weights, the Mettler Toledo stainless steel test weights are available with and without adjusting cavities as well as wire or sheet weights in the milligram range. They are produced from the finest quality austenitic steel which offers the highest resistance to corrosion over a weight’s lifetime. Mettler Toledo's unique manufacturing process involves melting the steel under vacuum (class E1), final-stage electrolytic polishing, fully automated cleaning processes, and final calibration using our mass comparators. Wide Range of Single Test Weights with the Highest Resistance to Corrosion
- Is it possible to purchase single test weights with or without a calibration certificate? Yes, single test weights are available with or without a calibration certificate.
- Are the milligram weights (mg) sheet or wire? It depends on a weight class. E1, E2 are always wire weights, F1 can be selected from either wire or sheet weights, F2 and M1 are always sheet weights.
- What is the OIML or ASTM class range of single test weights? OIML classes range from E1 to M1 and ASTM Classes from 1 to 4.
- Are single weights only monobloc weights or do they have an adjusting cavity? Weights from E1, E2 Classes are always monobloc, F1 Class weights can be selected from either monobloc or with an adjustable cavity. On the other hand, F2 and M1 are always weights with an adjustable cavity.
Your solution for routine testing, a Mettler Toledo CarePac contains everything you need to limit the risk of working outside specified process tolera...More About CarePac
Your solution for routine testing, a Mettler Toledo CarePac contains everything you need to limit the risk of working outside specified process tolerances. Two test weights are carefully selected to correspond to 5% and 100% of your balance’s capacity - precisely what USP chapter 41 and GWP® recommends for balance testing. There are three sizes available for you to choose from to enable you to test balances of up to 8 kg in weighing capacity.
- What is a CarePac®? To perform a routine test on your balance, we recommend using two weights. A CarePac contains two weights, which were pre-selected for your balance. A CarePac is designed to save space and to protect the weights. Additionally, it includes a special brush and a cloth to remove possible contamination from the weights, as well as a pair of tweezers to lift the weight and place it on a balance conveniently and safely. A CarePac has space to accommodate an additional third weight, if necessary.
- Is there space in a CarePac® to add an additional third weight if necessary? Yes, there is additional space in a CarePac to accommodate a third weight, if necessary.
- Are there CarePacs available for both OIML and ASTM classes? Yes, we have dedicated CarePacs for OIML and ASTM weight classes.
- Are there CarePacs available for all OIML and ASTM classes? No. CarePacs are available for E2, F1 and F2 OIML classes and in 1 and 4 ASTM classes.
With a vast selection of weight sets including robust knob, wire, and sheet weights, choose yours according to your weighing needs and with or without...More About Weight Sets
With a vast selection of weight sets including robust knob, wire, and sheet weights, choose yours according to your weighing needs and with or without a calibration certificate. Sets range from 1 mg - 500 mg through 1 mg - up to 5 kg. Our Mettler Toledo stainless steel test weights are produced from the finest quality austenitic steel, which offers the highest resistance to corrosion during a weight’s lifetime.
- What are the advantages of purchasing a weight set? Weight sets consist of weights with different ranges: 1 mg - 500 mg through 1 mg - up to 5 kg which allows for flexible use according to your needs. Weight sets can be purchased either with or without a calibration certificate.
- Does the set include tweezers? Yes, the sets include tweezers, a cleaning cloth and brush, to remove possible contamination from the weights.
- Is it supplied in a box made of aluminium or plastic? The E1, E2 and F1 Classes sets (monobloc weights) are delivered in an aluminium box and the F1, F2 and M1 Classes weight sets come in a plastic box.
- How many weights are in the set? It depends on the weight set. We offer sets with 12 to 28 weights.
METTLER TOLEDO's world leading expertise in metrology extends to test weights, weight sets and weight calibration services. The weight portfolio cover...More About Test Weights