Gas Chromatography – CG Detectors
Gas Chromatography (GC) Theory & Principles – GC Detectors
In 2022, our partners Shimadzu, have been sharing monthly webinars on the topic of Gas Chromatography.
This is the sixth of Shimadzu’s 2022 – Gas Chromatography series of webinars on the fundamentals of gas chromatography (GC). The series is perfect for anyone currently using GC, who’d like to understand more about the technique, the hardware and the data produced. It’s also suitable for anyone who is new to GC and who’d like to understand more about it.
In this sixth session Shimadzu covers:
- The Gas Chromatography detectors – universal vs. selective:
- FID – Flame Ionisation detector
- TCD – Thermal Conductivity detector
- BID – Barrier Discharge Ionisation detector
- FPD – Flame Photometric detector
- SCD – Sulphur Chemiluminescence detector
- ECD – Electron Capture detector
- FTP – Flame Thermionic detector
- NPD – Nitrogen Phosphorous detector
- MS – Mass Spectrometer
- Detector sensitivity and selectivity
- Detector requirements
Want to get more information on analytical instrumentation offered by Mason technology check our Mason Technology resources for GC systems.
For information on Shimadzu instrumentation:
Sebastian Jurek is an application consultant with Mason Technology with specialist knowledge in the Shimadzu range of instrumentation. He holds more than 22 years experience in chromatography techniques and analytical method development, optimisation and troubleshooting.
Get in touch with Sebastian today if you would like further information on our range of Shimadzu products.
Application Consultant for Shimadzu Chromatography
M: +353 87 436 4185
T: +353 1 4154422