Mettler Toledo On-Demand Webcast: Balances for Analytical Purposes
Ensure Compliance with Ph. Eur. General Chapter 2.1.7 ‘Balances for Analytical Purposes’
This webinar on ‘Balances for Analytical Purposes’ is now over, but you can still access the on-demand webcast here: REGISTER
By the 1st of January 2022, you must be fully compliant with the new European Pharmacopoeia regulations on “Balances for Analytical Purposes”.
This live webinar, organised by our partner Mettler Toledo, explains everything you need to know to ensure compliance with the new Ph. Eur. General Chapter 2.1.7 “Balances for Analytical Purposes”. The European Pharmacopoeia is a legally binding reference for the quality control of medicines in its European member states, or any pharmaceutical company who exports into the European market.
It has a similar legal status to the USP compendium in the United States. Ph. Eur. requirements include the same tests and criteria as USP General Chapter 41, but Ph. Eur. explicitly states that calibration should include measurement uncertainty and emphasizes the concept of as-found and as-left calibration.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The legal status and scope of the European Pharmacopoeia
- The key elements of General Chapter 2.1.7 “Balances for Analytical Purposes”
- The similarities and differences between Ph. Eur. and USP requirements
- The main weighing principles and considerations to mitigate environmental influences that might affect the performance of the balance
- Why calibration is an essential task in a quality management system, and must include a statement of measurement uncertainty
- The specific performance checks required to assess the accuracy and precision of an instrument
- How GWP, a scientific standard, supports compliance with General Chapter 2.17
- Where to obtain further information on the life-cycle management of balances in a regulated environment.
For information on compliance with the new European Pharmacopoeia:
Sharon Somers is a sales manager with specialist knowledge of Mettler Toledo weighing products and their applications. Get in touch with Sharon today if you would like further information on our range of industrial weighing products and services.
Sales Manager for Mettler Toledo, Shimadzu, Camag, Labconco
M: +353 87 834 1272
DD: +353 1 4154435
Connect with Sharon on Linkedin
Seminar: Method Development and Optimisation
Jun 02, 2023Events
Webinar: Investigating Disease Mechanisms - Advancement...
May 31, 2023Webinars
Mason Technology exhibits at the National Manufacturing...
May 19, 2023Events
Mason Technology sponsors PDA Visual Inspection event
May 11, 2023Events
Introduction to Gas Chromatography: Different Types of ...
May 09, 2023Webinars
Webinar: Eliminate Bad Batches with Error-Free Recipe M...
May 03, 2023Webinars
Mason Technology appointed exclusive distributor for Bu...
May 02, 2023News
Mason Technology sponsor Irish Mass Spectrometry Societ...
Apr 25, 2023Events